Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday report...

I'm getting horrible at reporting in. I know. But, this time I haven't had too many people reminding me. I suppose with the busyness of the holidays engulfing everyone, many people have their minds on other things. In fact, the holidays are really in one's face this time of year--decorations, trees, cookies, holiday parties, gift buying, and Elf on the Shelf shenanigans. Overnight, drivers forget common courtesy, the mall parking lot overflows, and people are just so busy, too busy. People are stressed about presents and meals and whether they'll one up the neighbors with their house lights. People can get a bit nutty this time of year and quite honestly, I miss being one of them.

Anyway, it was a month ago I was in Cleveland. And, nothing really new to report. I'm getting worse, which is no surprise. I have a high LAS score and am still expecting the call soon. Little things are now harder to do and the breathing difficulties are frightening. If my oxygen saturation drops, I get dizzy and confused. I'm forgetting more and my body is falling apart due to lack of circulation, fluid buildup, and reactions to medications. I am having to sleep slightly elevated now and still suffer from jaw pain, leg pain, headaches, and more. I spend a lot of time trying to disconnect from my body and mind just to make it through the days. Unfortunately that involves watching stupid reality shows and playing fast moving colorful games on the iPad.

As I spend another holiday season on the sidelines, I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle. Maybe, just maybe, I will get the gift of life this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment