Friday, May 3, 2013

Medical waste

Good thing I was green for so long. Now I'm making up for what I didn't waste then with all of the medical waste that comes with this illness--caps, bottles, syringes, boxes, and oxygen tubing. The amount of waste overwhelms me. There's a lot of precious resources used to create these overly packaged one-time-use products that create a deluge of pollution. It's to save my life and to avoid infections. It's the bad with the good.

We've tried our best to be creative with the items and to recycle what we can. I am asking my friends to be creative and encouraging syringe painting or drip paintingbottle cap collages, and basket-making. At least I don't feel as bad if the waste is being up-cycled or recycled.
My husband places treats for our gerbils in the empty Flolan boxes. They seek out the treats and chew the boxes into small pieces and use it for bedding. It's environmental enrichment and recycling at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment