Thursday, August 29, 2013

A thank you to my team...

Today I want to thank you for being part of my team. Family and friends, you are...

...the ones who slept on uncomfortable chairs in the ICU to stay close to me.
...the one who asked if I had any errands to help with this week. You returned my library books and mailed a package off at the post office. And this isn't the first time. I'm sure without you making yourself available, I would have several piles of stuff left untouched, things to return, and boxes to mail. I appreciate your persistence.
...the one who came over and edged my neglected sidewalks.
...the ones who weeded my garden and helped with the yard.
...the ones who call and ask, "Hey, I'm going to Kroger (or Fresh Market, or wherever); what do you need?" And, you are patient enough to find the right brand and check ingredient lists for potential allergens.
...the ones who have helped me get to and from doctor appointments.
...the ones who have driven my daughter, and me, to school and scouting functions.
...the ones who have helped with fundraisers (hosting events, organizing, doing the leg-work, etc.) and continue to do so.
...the one who has picked up various requests like gluten-free pizza, organic taco shells, and special cheese.
...the ones who have opened their homes to me when I needed a place to stay.
...the ones who have helped with home projects we've been forced to neglect.
...the ones who donate items for the fundraisers.
...the ones who have watched over my daughter when we are unable to do so.
...the one who made several trips up and down my basement stairs carrying boxes of stuff.
...the ones who send checks and make donations.
...the ones who have helped me go on various errands, helping me lug around bags and my heavy oxygen tanks.
...the ones who have placed me and my family on prayer chains.

To all of you... thank you for being part of my team. I appreciate all you do--the financial help, the reminders, the rides, the prayers and good thoughts, and your gift of time. It has been difficult to let others do so much for us and I still feel guilty letting others give so much when I can give so little in return. At times, I'm not entirely certain I sufficiently express my gratitude and a thank you often seems like an inadequate response for all the love my family has received.

But, at this time, it's all I can offer. And, I cannot say it enough...

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment