Friday, January 18, 2013

Diagnosis

The Cleveland Clinic gave me a diagnosis and it's not the news we were hoping for. I have pulmonary veno-occlusive disease and it is aggressive. It's a rare disease and it's almost impossible to pinpoint why or when it started. I will be starting the approval process of getting on the list for a double lung transplant. I will be back to Cleveland for another test and then they will try a medicine through an IV pump with several days of observation before releasing me to do the IV meds on my own. They are hoping this will stabilize me and perhaps make me more comfortable.

A lot of people are offering to help and we really appreciate it. We've already called upon several of you and your help has taken some of the stress off of us. We will definitely be relying on others as we have no other option but to lean on our friends and family at this point. But, please be patient with us through this difficult journey. The calls can be exhausting and more than enough people have offered to watch our daughter or keep her overnight. At this point in time we are going to do our best to keep some sort of normalcy to her schedule and have her sleep in her own home as much as possible. We feel this is important. I had a talk with her about what the future may hold and I think we are all trying to ease into what may be...

2 comments:

  1. Please add us to your list of 'helpers' in whatever capacity we can if you haven't already added us.
    In the meantime, we will check on your blog for updates and keep sending healing, peaceful thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!
    Susan Fletcher in NC

    ReplyDelete