Monday, January 21, 2013

Friends and Family

I am so very thankful for my friends and family. It's reassuring to have so many offers of help... everything from rides to food for my family. Even my friends far from here are doing what they can, including sending well wishes and keeping me in their prayers.

This weekend was a whirlwind as we made plans to prepare for my stay in Cleveland. So many calls and emails were left unanswered as we knocked things off our list. The emotions are so raw. My mood ebb and flows through the day. I'm trying to stay focused on the positive but at the same time I just want to scream. Perhaps I'd even have the urge to kick something if my feet were not so swollen and weak.

One of my wonderful friends drove me over last night and her mother, who works at the Clinic, opened her home to me and made sure I got here early for my appointment. What a blessing and how so very kind they are. I cannot thank them enough... my words of appreciation seem so little in comparison. Having always been so independent and strong, it is hard to be at the receiving end. 

In the short time I was home we received two very large dinners and another friend, who makes the most awesome quilts, dropped off one of her treasures to cuddle with. We have several friends stepping up to help with our daughter so that she can still do her studies and be able to stick to her scheduled activities.

A huge thanks to everyone. This is only the beginning... so for those of you insisting on doing something and haven't been called upon yet, you will have plenty of opportunities. I have promised to keep you all updated and involved the best I can. Many of you know me well enough to know how hard it is for me to be this open, to ask for help... and I will struggle with a different level of discretion. Maybe perhaps the universe is telling me it is time to talk about me. After all, someone else may be looking for the answers I'm looking for. I've been searching the Internet to find others who will share their experience with me. I've been reading their stories and their blogs and getting a feel for what's to come. The success stories offer me hope. And I certainly pray that after this struggle, it'll be my story offering someone, somewhere, hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment